Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adoption Journey (summary)

This is more for my personal records (if I write it on paper, I'll lose the paper).

-Submitted Application to Drayton Valley Child Services
-Submitted Criminal Record Check
-Submitted approval for Child Welfare Check
-Received e-mail confirmation to attend "Parenting Class"
-Parenting Classes 9am - 4pm at the Provincial Building (June 7, 14, 21, 28)

May 29/08: Received copies of original application & confirmation by mail for parenting classes.

June 7/08: Session 1 & 2 completed. Today went by really fast and it was quite fun except for the lady sitting next to me who kept telling me on how spacing children by only 2-3 years instead of 6 would be a better choice. Tell someone who cares, lady!!

June 14/08: Session 3 & 4 completed. Lady kept her mouth shut about the age spacing which was nice (mind you I kind of ignored her). Half way there!

June 19/08: Bought a infant carseat for $40 and it expires 2011. I now have a reproduction/adoption time limit!

June 21/08: Session 5 & 6 completed. Second last Saturday. We're really bonding as a small class of 8. I've met great people and we all know we're going to stick together and keep communicating through our journeys. Next session we're all having a potluck together to celebrate that we're almost there...only a few hurdles left and we'll all have children (some of us will have more children...others will become parents for the first time). So exciting!! I also learned that a distant cousin of mine will be on our parent panel next week...too cool!!

No comments: