Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cats, Cats & More Cats!

Last week we fostered a couple of orphan kittens (we started out with 3 but after a few hours only had 2). Bottle feeding, loads of laundry, bottle making...the works! Then they went to another foster home for Saturday because I was going to be out of town and it was too hot of a day for them to come with me. The other foster home had a dog that "adopted" them and cuddled with them. I figured the warmth from a real animal instead of a hot water bottle was better for them so they stayed put. Boy was my daughter upset! haha. But it's for the better as she didn't let them sleep very much.

Last night we got a mama cat and her 5 kittens to foster! They're about 7 days old, their eyes still not open. No shortage of kittens around our house! Mama is soooo sweet. But super skinny. I'll be picking up kitten food so we can get some meat on her bones. Tried to feed her Mammalac (feline milk replacement) but I'm not sure if that upset her or maybe her nerves got to her....but she was in the kitty litter box all. night. long.

Things are busy in our house! I have realized that I really don't miss cleaning kitty litter boxes but I'm ok with doing it knowing it's temporary.

Will post pictures of our new family members later.

No comments: