Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Middle of the Week

Here we are at Wednesday.

Emily's first swimming lesson is tonight! She's really excited. I keep reminding her that she has to listen to her swim teacher. LOL. I'll watch her so she'll be excited about that.

Our first appointment to meet Emily's heart specialist is tomorrow in the BIG city. This is visit number....I've lost track. This will also be her second surgeon. And if it goes that way....second surgery at this hospital. It's the Alberta Children's Hospital and they are all wonderful! Earlier this spring Emily was diagnosed with an enlarged heart so she will go through 2 hours of testing to find out if it's something to be concerned about. Last time we had to start visiting (for a different reason) this hospital, you spend 15 minutes there and you feel BLESSED that you're not there for something more serious like other families. My mom is coming with us which will be nice.

Canadian Thanksgiving is also this weekend. I'll reveal those plans on Friday.

I learned that a service rep from head office is coming out next week. Next freakin' week!! I can't believe so soon. I'm really worried about having this person come out...it's not that I'm breaking rules or doing anything wrong. It's that I don't like people looking over my shoulder watching every little thing that I do. I also don't want to tell head office that this isn't a great time to come out or they might get suspicious and then with my luck, they'll send someone out WITHOUT notice. LOL. I'll just suck it up and hope for the best. My stress has increased, my blood pressure has probably increased and I know it won't be that bad after the fact.

Emily's "father" phoned last night. I didn't answer it because I was closing up at work and just wanted to get home. So before I headed to bed I phoned him. He just wanted to see how Emily and I were doing. He actually wanted to know how I was doing. He's really coming along as far as being civil with me. He's really is a nice guy. Too bad he wasn't a better father & provider to his daughter. Emily was in bed and asleep so he said he'd phone on her birthday to wish her a happy birthday. Some of the best months I ever had was spent with him in our relationship. I had a chance to get back with him after Emily was born but I wouldn't be where I am today if I had done that. We're better off apart.

Anyways, I only have about an hour and a half left of this day.
Until tomorrow (or another day)...

No comments: