Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fitness on a Saturday

What a dumb title for today's entry. Oh well.

I dragged my ass onto my elliptical machine today. I did not want to exercise at all and I was going to stop after a wimpy 13 minutes but I completed the full 35 minutes and I felt great!!

Today was a slow day at work but I did get alot accomplished as far as cleaning and organizing. I'm thinking about cutting my hours of operation down a little on Saturdays. It's so dead. I guess that's what happens when you're in a small town.

I've been reading alot on fitness and I just came across something today, which really peaked my interest (from the Biggest Loser team)....

Your present weight X 7 = Your daily caloric needs for weight loss

Your calorie count should never be static; in fact, it's a moving target. As you lose weight, you'll need to readjust your daily calories downward in order to keep losing at a good pace and break through plateaus, should your weight loss ever seem stalled. Your online program will make this adjustment for you, and change your meal plans as necessary.Make sure you keep something in mind: Everyone is different, and we all burn different amounts of calories at different rates. So if you and a partner, friend, or buddy follow this diet, one of you might lose weight at a different rate, faster or slower, than the other from week to week.

Anyways, I don't have anything else to report. It's been a boring day. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Not sure what we're up to. Good Night!

No comments: