Thursday, September 28, 2006

Human Pin Cushion

...that's what I feel like anyways. I donated blood last night. It was my 2nd time donating but my first 100% successful donation. And then when they took the needle out of my arm the room started to spin, I don't have a fear of needles it was just my body reacting. My hearing got all "foggy" and I made sure I mentally knew where the nearest garbage can was in case I lost it! LOL. A nurse came by and asked me if I was okay, the only thing I could do was shake my head in a "no" answer. Before I knew it I was laid back and had 4 nurses gathered around me, I had cold cloths over my face and on the back of my neck. It wasn't a big surprise to me that this happened, I do have low blood pressure. The only thing I hate is that you feel like a mack truck hit you after you nearly pass out.

Then today I got my Hep A shot for our trip in March. It's kind of like the flu shot (in which I'll get that the 2nd week in November). And in January I start my rounds of allergy shots. Phew!

For anyone who gets a flu shot: Do a heavy metal cleanse after your shot because flu shots contain mercury. Nice, hey?

I hope my daughter won't have to go through all the shots I do. So far she hasn't gotten the flu so she'll be okay to NOT get a flu shot this year. No sign of allergies yet for her. But she did get her Hep A shot for the trip as well. I hated the thought of giving her vaccinations as a baby but I figured if she got sick I'd regret it. Although I did opt for her to not get her 18 month shot.

I should go and do some work. My desk is a mess and the clients might think I don't do any work. ha ha. Not good. Only 4 more hours of work!!

No comments: