One of my new clients came in today for her first visit. She was wearing a sweatshirt that said "P--- Welding". I mentioned to her that I knew a guy by the last name of "P---" and we came to the conclusion that it was the same guy (I'll call him 'C').
When I was in high school and working at one of the video stores here in town (would have been about 1999)...C would come in with a girl almost every weekend and rent movies. I swear it was love at first sight as it's never happened since then. But I knew my chances were slim as he was with someone and I might be a little too young. Fast forward a few years...I'm now of legal age (that doesn't mean anything this day in age). I run into 'C' during one of my nights at the bar (this was before I had my daughter) and he takes interest in me. Of course, I take interest in him. He asked me to be his girlfriend but I figured he's had a few too many drinks and think he's kidding. Actually he was serious. The "relationship" ended before it began! LOL. Over the next 2-3 years we had a few sexual encounters but nothing really came of it even though we both wanted to have a relationship.
Then came the night that bonded us forever.... my friend and I went into the city to go to our favorite bar (at this time, my daughter would have been about a year old and this was my first night out since the day I found out I was pregnant with her). After a few too many drinks but with no intention of slowing down I run into C. Wow! Him and I were talking...he was single, I was single. He had just graduated and was now a welder. My friend looked at me with huge eyes and whispered in my ear, "He looks soooo much like Emily!" C made a comment asking me if I was okay and if I had something to tell him. With Emily's due dates varying from August to October there was a slight possibility that she could have been C's. We now know that that's not the case anymore. So with all the alcohol flowing through my veins...I broke down. He dragged me outside. He told me that he heard through the grapevine about the possibility. He had been working in the Yukon and had returned to be closer to me if I needed him and if it turned out the baby was his. He had even broken up with a girlfriend he had been seeing up there to move back. I was touched. We spent that night together but nothing came of it after that. Since that moment we have had atleast one intimate encounter. Whenever I see him (which isn't often since the oil patch is booming) I want him.
But why aren't we together? Is it "fate" that my client came in wearing his company's shirt? She told me that she'd ask her husband to see what C is up to and if he's still around. If we have one more intimate encounter I'm going to demand that we just go out and get married. LOL. My ex-bf even worked with C at one point. He always crosses my path every couple years and when we meet....we're both single! I first laid eyes on him in 1999 and our last encounter would have been April 2004.
Are we meant to be together? Maybe I'll never know. Or maybe we'll end up together.
Time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment