Why do I always think about you?
You left me and our unborn child but yet I still think about you.
You weren't there when my water broke and I was scared.
You weren't there when she started walking or crawling.
You weren't there when she started school.
But yet you are always on my mind.
Do you think about us? Do we ever cross your mind?
Sometimes I think it would have been easier to have stayed with you. Would I have been happy? No. But it's not about me...it would have been about our daughter.
When someone asks about my "husband", why do I think about you?
We were never married. I have dated other people since we were together....but yet you are always the one who consumes my thoughts.
You fed me empty promises.
You told me everything would be okay when it turned out quite the opposite.
I hold it against you that you aren't here.
I hold it against you that our daughter doesn't have a father.
I can't help but blame you.
A little part of me hates you.
But yet you consume my thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment