I read somewhere (I think it was The Weigh We Were) that skipping rope is the ultimate exercise. Hmmmm, really? So I decided to read up on it. Here are some interesting facts:
* A 10 minute session will burn approximately (depending on your weight and exertion level) 70 - 110 calories. BUT......1 hour of skipping will burn between 600 - 900 calories. WOW!
* Skipping at a rate of 120 turns a minute would be around the same as running at 6 miles per hour.
* Skipping 2-5 minutes per day will help prevent osteoporosis.
* Skipping is an extremely efficient way of building bones and toning thighs, hips, calves, and gluteus maximus (bottom). The upper body is also given a pretty intense workout.
* Professional Football players, boxers, swimmers, skiers, tennis players, martial artists, rugby players and many more, enjoy the benefits of skipping as part of their daily workout routine to improve stamina, footwork skills, muscle tone and to lose weight.
I got the above information from Skip-Hop.
Good thing I bought a skipping rope the other day at Wal-Mart. I'll have to try it tonight. I used to love skipping rope. I wonder if I still do?
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment