I was reading on MSN money that people took a challenge to not buy anything (except what they needed to survive such as produce...toiletries, etc) in an attempt to eliminate (not just cut back but eliminate!) spending money on extras. Since I need to pay off my debt in order to save for a house...I'm going to start my own little challenge.
At this point I'm thanking god that I live with my parents still because there is absolutely no way I should be strapped for cash. Here it goes...I'm going to leave my debit cards (they are so evil) and my credit cards at home for a full month. Now I'm really not going to have a dollar amount for what I have saved in doing this but I will be able to put more money towards my bills.
All the important things come out automatically. My credit cards I can pay online. Babysitting can be paid with a cheque. And I'll have to make a special trip to the gas station with my debit card in hand to fill up...purchasing NOTHING but gas at the gas station. No pop. No gum. No chocolate bars or candy for Emily. Yikes!!
I'm going to keep a spread sheet so when I pay a bill I can subtract the payment from the balance and so I know exactly how much I owe at all times. That will take me a couple days to put together.
This challenge will be from April 9th to May 9th. Go me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment