So I kinda snapped yesterday. I fired our new lady at work. I had had enough and it was to the point where I thought that some of our clients were going to leave because of her. It was before the 3 month probation was up -- she was only there for a month and a handful of days. I gave her 4 reasons for firing her...
1) She didn't tell me that she was leaving for an hour to go to the bank and to go get a console installed in her truck (Monday, Wednesday & Friday are our busy days so I try and get the ladies to book things on Tuesdays & Thursdays if possible). I told them that I was going to Canmore on Friday and that I wouldn't be in the Centre, she saw that as an opportunity to leave thinking that I would never know about it.
2) When she got back late she apologized to a co-worker of hers. I told her that I was the boss, not the other lady.
3) Cell phones...for the 4th time...are not allowed in the room when you are with a client. I told her that it was ringing & vibrating far too often and that she should leave it in the staff room like everyone else. I told her that if her kids needed to phone her they should be using the Centre phone number not her cell. She had heard this all before and pretended she was hearing it for the first time.
4) Leave your personal life at home. Do not mention your relationship troubles in the room with a client because 90% of the clients don't care and the other 10% are glad you are miserable in your relationship!!
She had this stunned look on her face and asked me if she could have a second chance. I told her no, my decision was made and she was to pack her things and leave. Then she phone stalked my other two employees for the rest of the night. You think that a 40-something year old woman would be more mature than that.
So after that...the drinking began! Leah and I went out to the bar after work. We both needed the drinks to calm us down. Before we had had too many, we decided to take a drive past RA's house. He was home. I think he stayed home the whole night. I was kind of disappointed and I think Leah picked up on it. She was worried it was going to ruin my night. It definately did not. I told her that it was a good thing he wasn't out...more chance of him being single if he stays home. ha ha!
Now that I fired that useless lady and the other two are going to training in Calgary...I'm going to be all alone for the week. Oh well. Nothing I can do put post notes in the Centre that explain why there is now wait times. Maybe people will start coming in at different times of the day rather than all at once in the morning.
Oh well. Can't wait to tell RA that I didn't mean to shoot him down and that I really want his body....ha ha ha. I really won't tell him the body part.
I'm headed out for a nice Saturday dinner with my daughter & my mom.
Happy Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment