Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stress is Hitting...HARD!

Sometimes a person can't help but think that maybe things happen for a reason.

Last week Monday to Friday my 2 employees were at training. I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park for any of us. As I had to stay back to man the Centre while they were gone. Apparently the 2 had a fight...neither of them were adult enough to talk it out. I guess it got a little out of hand over the last few days of training. One of them went back to attend another day of training this past Monday. While the other didn't want anything to do with her co-worker. [sigh] Am I dealing with school children or adults here?

Tuesday & Wednesday we had a service rep out from Head Office to help us increase sales. Everything was going great...or so we thought. Wednesday evening one of the ladies had to leave at 3 to attend a doctor appointment and left hardly saying good-bye. I thought it was kind of strange but figured we were all just stressed out. I found a note peeking out of my purse in the staff room with my name on it. On the inside was a key with the words "I QUIT!". Obviously not adult enough to tell me to my face. I really don't need someone with a bad attitude like that. Now I have one lady left...and myself. Quite the workload! But the remaining lady I have works enough for 2 people so I find myself quite lucky.

As I sit here with a 8 page lease in my hand for centre #2...it leaves me wondering if this is such a good idea? Is this my opportunity to keep centre #1 and have a 2nd business on the side? I've always wanted to either a) open my own self-storage centre or b) own my own up-scale modular home community.

Everything happens for a reason but I wish someone would tell me what to do!!
Time will tell...I hope.

No comments: